Home Waste Collection

Home Collection Page.jpg

Available Curbside Collection

Contact a local service provider to sign up for and ask questions about your collection service. Garbage and recycling collection is available to every home in Kitsap County through a local service provider. Curbside compost service is available to most single-family homes in Kitsap County. Some rural areas do not have compost collection available. By 2026, all single-family homes will have the option to add compost services.

Shrink Your Garbage

Compost service includes both food scraps and yard waste in one bin. By adding compost service, you may be able to shrink your garbage needs and offset some of the cost of compost pickup services. 

Search the compost service map to see if your home can receive collection services. If not available at this time, sign up to be notified when services are in your area.

Compost Service Expansion

In 2022, all North Kitsap single-family homes became eligible for home compost collection services. Beginning in 2024, all South Kitsap single-family homes will be eligible for compost services. In 2026, all single-family homes in Central Kitsap will be eligible for services

Kitsap County does not provide, oversee or regulate waste collection services. Send concerns about services in areas outside city limits to the Washington Utilities and Transportation Committee, the state agency that regulates these services.

Service Providers by Area

Contact Kitsap County Multifamily Recycling Program for help with apartment and condo waste services.

Outside City Limits

Kitsap County

Contact WM Northwest at 1-800-592-9995. Compost collection is available in some areas of Kitsap County. 

​Inside City Limits

Bainbridge Island

Contact Bainbridge Disposal at 1-206-842-4882. Recycling is included with garbage service.


Contact WM Northwest at 1-800-592-9995. Garbage and recycling services are required by the city. 

​Port Orchard

Contact WM Northwest at 1-800-592-9995. Garbage and recycling services are required by the city. 


Contact City of Poulsbo Solid Waste at 1-360-779-4078. Garbage and recycling services are required by the city.

 Related Links

Hire a Permitted
Junk Hauler

Junk haulers are permitted by Kitsap Public Health. Solid waste hauling is a regulated industry in Washington State.