The Kitsap County Jail inmate visiting has transitioned to a video only social visiting system provided by Telmate. One "on-site', 30 minute visit will be provided at no cost per week per inmate. These visits are not cumulative. Visitors will be required to be present in the jail reception area 10 minutes before their scheduled visit. Inmates will visit via video terminal from their housing unit. Additional "on-site" social visiting will be provided Monday-Sunday for an additional cost of $0.25 / min in 30 minute blocks. ($7.50) There is no limit on the number of additional paid visits on a first come first serve basis. Remote (off site) video visiting is available to friends, family, and others via the internet. This video visit may be conducted from any high speed internet connection with an available web cam, microphone, & speakers. The cost for this new service will be $0.25 / min in 30 minute blocks. ($7.50) Again, there will be no limit to the number of visits as space is available. Individual clergy visits will be conducted in the public visiting area.
To schedule an inmate visit please go to www.gettingout.com, or use the lobby kiosk in jail reception to register and schedule an appointment. The lobby kiosk is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm but is closed on holidays. Inmate visitation is a privilege and may be denied for disciplinary reasons or operational necessity. Available visiting times vary throughout the facility, depending on classification and housing unit. Inmates are responsible for communicating their allowed visit times to prospective visitors. Inmates will not be permitted to visit during their lockdown time. No cell phones, food or drink are allowed in the visiting area.
Minors are allowed to visit as long as they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minors are not permitted to register for visitation.
Entry to the corrections facility is made off of Cline Street into the back parking lot behind the courthouse. As you enter the parking lot the new jail entrance is to the right, next to the work release building.
All social visiting is subject to recording and monitoring.
1. Visitors should be present in the reception lobby at least (10) minutes prior to the scheduled visiting times.
2. Visiting privileges may be suspended for reasons of security and safety, bad conduct or other reasons set out below.
3. All inmates will have their living area clean and will be fully dressed before being allowed to visit. Staff will inspect living areas for cleanliness.
4. Inmates in disciplinary segregation and/or cell/mattress restriction will not be allowed to visit with family or friends.
5. If an inmate is re-housed for classification reasons due to behavior, safety or security reasons, visiting will be cancelled for that particular week.
6. Visitation is on a first come, first served basis.
7. Visitors must be attired properly to enter the jail or conduct a remote visit; tank tops, short-shorts, and short revealing skirts will not be allowed.
8. Swearing, horseplay, loud conduct, or any other disruptive behavior will result in the termination of your visit.
9. You will be required to leave the visiting area promptly at the end of your visiting period. Failure to leave promptly may result in loss of future visits.
10. If a visitor who is signed up to see an inmate is denied access to the visiting area for any reason, the inmate will be notified of the visitor's name and the reason for denial.
11. Letters, messages or correspondence of any type will not be delivered to visitors through reception. Exceptions are for releasing excess property.
12. It is the responsibility of an inmate to inform their visitors of the visiting schedule and the necessity of making an appointment in order to visit.
13. Minors may visit if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minors are not permitted to register as visitors.
ALL SOCIAL VISITING IS SUBJECT TO RECORDING AND MONITORING