Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content



How do I make a request for public records?

Requests may be may be made in person, by fax, mail, or email. Our office's business hours are 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Monday through Friday, closed from noon to 1:00 PM and Kitsap County holidays.

Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office
Attn: Public Records Disclosure Team
614 Division Street, MS-35A
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone: (360) 337-4992, Fax: (360) 337-7083

Click here for the Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office Public Records Request form

What information should I include in my PRA request?

Please provide as much information as you can to assist us in identifying the records you are requesting; including your contact information, a description of the specific records you are requesting, and the date range of records.

When will the Prosecutor's Office respond to my request? 

Within five business days of receipt of your request, the Prosecutor's Office will do one or more of the following:

  1. Provide the records requested or an internet link to the records (or the disclosable portions of the records, for inspection and/or copying after payment of any applicable fees).
  2. Deny the request with an explanation as to the reasons.
  3. Acknowledge receipt of the request and provide a reasonable time estimate for the response.

Will I receive everything in the Prosecutor's Office file?

No, you will not receive records that are exempt from public disclosure. For example, police reports and other investigative records collected by the Prosecutor's Office in anticipation of litigation or for litigation purposes are exempt from disclosure as attorney work product. However, you will be provided the legal basis for any redaction or the withholding of any record.  Most exemptions are contained in chapter 42.56 RCW.

Is there a charge to receive the records?

There is a .15 cent charge per page for paper copies and a charge for the CD for electronic records. If you choose to have the records mailed to you, rather than pick them up, you may be required to pay the cost of mailing.

Will my records request be kept confidential?

No, your request and the Prosecutor's Office response to your request are not confidential and subject to disclosure.

How do I request court records?

Requests for court records should be directed to the applicable court. For information regarding court records, you may wish to contact the Kitsap County Clerk's Office at (360) 337-7164 or go to

How do I request discovery in a criminal case?

Requests for discovery are NOT public records requests. Requests for discovery from attorneys and treatment providers seeking discovery in a criminal case are to be directed to the Criminal Division of the Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office. Call (360) 337-7174 or email to be connected with the Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, or his/her legal assistant, assigned to the case.

How do I request a police report in a criminal case?

Requests for police reports should be directed to the law enforcement agency that originated the report or made the arrest.