An applicant who applies to the court for a change of name, pursuant to RCW 4.24.130 shall meet the following requirements:
1. Petition for Name Change may be filed in the following location:
Kitsap County District Court Hearings on Mondays and Fridays only 614 Division Street, Room 106 Check in by 8:30 am for 9:00 am hearing Port Orchard, Washington 98366
2. Petitioners must be residents of Kitsap County.
3. Separate Applications – each applicant requesting a change of name must present a separate Petition for Name Change and pay a separate filing fee and recording fee.
4. A filing fee of $83.00 must be paid at the time of filing the petition, cash, check or credit card.
5. Active DOC or Required to Register as a Sex Offender: Must comply with notification requirements of RCW 4.24.130(2) for those under the jurisdiction of Washington State Department of Corrections and/or RCW 9A.44.130(8) for those required to register as a sex offender.
6. Minors: Parental Consent – all applicants under eighteen (18) years of age must be represented by a parent or legal guardian.
Name changes must be recorded with the County Auditor’s office (360-337-4935) and all applicable fees must be paid by the petitioner.
Name changes are not in effect until paid and recorded.
Petition for Change of Name (Adult)
Petition for Change of Name (Minor)